Garage owners often tend to reuse their old garage door tracks with new panels. However, there are a number of dangers associated with using old garage door tracks with a new garage door. Some of them are mentioned below:-
Risks of using old garage tracks
- Your old garage door is meant for one door only. All garage doors come with their own offset. As a result, it comes with a specific spacing pre-set from the factory.
- Specific companies offer some adjustable tracks. But the top of the track has gussets which are pre-set for a door to open and close at a specific distance away from garage door jambs.
- If there is improper spacing, the garage door will hung up. It will hit while trying to close, or hit the garage door while you try to open and get stuck. This can prove to be risky in many ways.
- Once you install a different brand of garage door, its thickness and weight will be different. In case the new door is slightly heavier than the new one, you will be vulnerable to injury or destruction of property during the installation process. This is because old tracks will fail to hold it, and it will fall within a short span of time.
Garage spring system holds the key
- All garage doors come with a spring system, based on their weight. It is the vital part of every garage door. However, if it isn’t balanced properly, it can be lethal. This is the major reason why buying new sections made from latest metals and installing them on a old track isn’t enough. It won’t function safely.
- Because of these reasons, you should consult an expert garage door professional to find out what will work best for you. A garage door can significantly alter the look of your home and make it look more presentable. However, they can be dangerous if you don’t have a clear idea about what to do with them.
Therefore, you need to consult a garage door professional to get the most suitable advice while using one of the oldest items within your home. You will be safe from any possible accidents as a result.
For More Information Visit: Universal Garage Door Services