There are a number of things that need to be taken care of when you plan to build or renovate your home. Each and every material that you use decides the lifespan and beauty of your home. One of the important things that you cannot avoid at this phase is skirting boards. The fact is that most of the time, skirting boards are overlooked during the budget calculation and initial construction. The house or the building that you are constructing will not look complete without having neat skirting boards attached to the newly painted walls.
A large number of skirting boards are available in a number of designs and are even prepared using different kind of materials. The bespoke skirting boards have acquired a good place in the market. Most of the skirting boards are fixed using the medium of hardwood and MDF skirting. You should consider some very important points when you plan to buy new skirting boards for your new home. Let’s go through them one by one:
- When you plan to go for the skirting boards, just make sure that you buy the ones that don’t take up much space. In this way you will get more floor space in your home. This will help you to keep your wall radiator free to a limit. Around 15% change can be noticed by using such kind of boards compared to the normal boards with radiator.
- The skirting board radiators just make sure to warm up the complete room without leaving any dirt or dust marks on the wall. The normal radiators work the other way as they completely depend on the air current to move around in the room.
- Another point that you should keep in mind while buying skirting boards are that the boards you buy should be very responsive when it comes to floor heating. Such boards will help you to save money as well as time. The skirting radiators will first heat up the floor coverings and the walls and then start heating up the entire room.
- The UK Asthma Society was the first to introduce and implement the skirting board heating technique so as to help the people with asthma to breathe properly when air circulates through spores and dust. These spores and dust can be responsible for many lung conditions apart from causing asthma. It can cause a negative effect on our home. So selecting a good skirting board will help to prevent such problems.
- It has been noted that nowadays people are widely using MDF skirting boards as they are easy to clean. Thus, they get to have a clean and dust free environment to breathe.
- You must select the kind of the skirting boards which are easy to replace the old ones when needed.
- Make sure to choose the kind of the skirting boards which can be cleaned just by wiping it using a cloth. Such boards will keep the room germ free.
- It is natural for us to keep our skirting board neat and clean. For that it is preferred not to paint them again and again as it may only create an unwanted mess. The better option is to cover it with the powdered coating of epoxy as it does not require any painting in the future.
So, these were some of the important points that you should keep in mind while buying the skirting boards. Hope the above mentioned tips will help you to choose the best skirting board for your new home.
Author Bio:Mariam James is an architect as well as a professional blogger. Mariam, who is very good with bespoke skirting, is sharing here some important tips, that we should remember while buying skirting boards.