Fish is a great source of healthy protein. One or two serving of fish can give a massive amount of omega-3 fatty acids that can prevent the body from a heart attack. The main focus of this article is to outline one of the best and popular fishes of the entire world that is Pomfret fish. Pomfret fish is luxurious seafood stuffed with flavours and cooked in spicy gravy. This is the best recipe of Maharashtra seafood cuisine.
People always have a question in their mind how to make Pomfret fish curry with the authentic taste that includes Maharashtra’s fresh spices. So the answer to their question is here, Maharashtrian Pomfret Masala is easy to make recipe. Pomfret masala is the preparation from the coastal area of Mumbai and Maharashtra. This dish can be served for lunch, brunch, and dinner. Pomfret masala has mouth-watering flavours that can be melt in the mouth and vanish in minutes. People would crave for next serving after done with the previous one.
Coconut is the main ingredient for coastal areas food. It can be used as ground, grated and as milk. Coconut milk with the mixture of spices gives authentic taste to the dish. Coconut smooth liquid can be a substitute for the oil. It can be mixed with fruit to have a great taste. Some of the nutrition in the coconut milk are antioxidants, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. To make Pomfret fish curry recipe, you can try below mentioned multiple Pomfret fish options:
1) Silver Pomfret fish: Silverfish with ginger and garlic is a world popular dish. The easy and simple combination of fish and ginger will create a fantastic flavour for your meal.
2) Chinese Pomfret fish: If you want to show your culinary skills always choose Chinese whole-fish for cooking. As while cooking whole fish is easy to handle as compared to small pieces of fish. It is best if baked with spices, lemon juice, and ginger.
3) Black Pomfret: It can be consumed in dried form with sizzling soya sauce. This is a delicious dish with less oil requirement.
Pomfret fish can be cooked by various methods like grilled, steamed, baked, and shallow fried or deep fried. Maharashtrian style of cooking is one of the best, as you just need to put some spices outside and inside the fish.
One advantage of Pomfret fish is it takes less time to cook. Health benefits of Pomfret fish are:
• Prevent heart diseases.
• Fish improves circulation and avoid thrombosis.
• A regular balanced diet with fish can prevent from rheumatoid arthritis as it contains Omega 3.
• Omega 3 fatty acids also keep eyes healthy and bright.
• Pomfret fish provide iodine, zinc, selenium, and potassium essential nutritious to the body.
• Fish oils help the body to protect from serious inflammatory bowel diseases.
• DHA, an omega-3 found in fish, helps the body to improvise concentration. This is very useful for children as well as youngsters.
• In 100 grams of edible portion contains 99 kcals calories, 416 KJ energy, 77.5 grams water, 18.8 grams protein, 2.6 grams fat and 0.0 grams sugar.