A pallet is a flat structure used in the area of transportation and shipping. It is because of pallets that commercial goods and shipping containers can be conveniently shipped in a stable way getting ample support from pallet jacks, various other jacking devices and front loaders. Thus, it goes without saying that pallet suppliers play a significant role in successfully carrying out the shipments.
The size of wooden pallets keeps varying from one country to another. It all depends on the usage. The most commonly used ones all over the world are of the following dimensions: 36 x 36 inches, 42 x 42 inches and 48 x 48 inches. When it comes to the US, it is the 40×48 inches pallet that is commonly used.
It is because of the pallet suppliers, that the following advantages can be realized by using pallets for shipment.
- Pallet suppliers contribute largely in shipment process by encouraging portability. The major advantage of the shipping pallets is that these make the transportation of items very easy. When a number of small items are combined and stacked on a single pallet, shippers can get away by tracking lesser number of objects. Moreover, the goods remain fully protected from damages due to mishandling. The portability factor of pallets can also be understood from the way those are lifted and tracked with the use of a pallet jack or a forklift.
- Shipment can be done with the use of various kinds of shipping containers but pallet suppliers particularly help by supplying pallets because these are way stronger than any other shipping container like plastic wrapper and cardboard box. Shippers would be able to stack heavier objects of greater numbers without worrying about pallets getting broken. Additionally, these pallets help to hold the contents by safeguarding those from dirt and debris. These pallets can be reused and so can be easily sent back and forth a number of times before these are renovated or recycled.
- A very interesting thing about pallets is that although these are very strong and huge in size, their weight is just the opposite. These are lightweight objects and they occupy less space. It is easy for manufacturers and shippers to store pallets in stacks which would occupy minimum floor space in a storehouse. Both plastic as well as wooden pallets are light and they hardly add any weight to the products that are to be shipped. An individual can easily carry a vacant pallet; such light it weighs.
- Pallet suppliers also contribute majorly in shipment since pallets are made from recyclable materials. True that plastic and metal pallets can sustain massive damage; these can be melted down and recast or can even be sold as scrap. Wooden pallets take considerable time to get worn down. Afterwards, these can be used as slats and can also be used in other construction projects and for many other purposes such as firewood and compost.
- The pallet suppliers are very much in demand because of the major contribution they have in terms of shipment. Pallets are required in a large number of production rank industries. The 48 × 40 pallets are used in groceries; the 42 x 42 inches pallets are used in paint and telecommunication; 40 x 48 inches are used in military and cement; 48 x 48 inches are used in the drums industry; the dairy industry uses the 40 x 40 inches pallets; the automotive industry uses the 48 x 45 inches pallets; 36 x 36 inches pallets and these are used by the beverage industry; 48 x 36 inches pallets are used by the beverage, shingles and packaged paper industries.
These are the above helpful advantages those can be realized after using pallet shipment. Click here if you want to know more details about pallets supplier.